Our History

The Church of the Good Shepherd, chartered in 1869, is an Episcopal parish in the Diocese of Georgia. The church, built in 1889, was destroyed by fire in 1896. Rebuilt within the walls of the original building, its stained glass windows having been rescued from the fire and the bell recast, the present church was reconsecrated in 1898. Today we strive to offer a ministry that makes a difference in the lives of people and a difference in the community, in the name of Jesus Christ.

Church then & now | Church of the Good Shepherd
About banner image | Church of the Good Shepherd